Medicine is the health science dedicated to the study of the healthy and diseased human organism with the goal of preventing, diagnosing and treating human illness.
The remit of this course is to train professionals who are able to practice the medical profession.
The curriculum of the degree in Medicine is designed to turn students into competent professional physicians, with an emphasis on the following objectives:
- Understanding the scientific bases of medicine.
- Acquiring and developing professional values, attitudes and ethical behaviour that are an integral part of the medical profession.
- Acquiring clinical and communication skills.
- Being familiar with public health and disease prevention protocols. Knowing how to locate and correctly utilise scientific information.
- Encouraging graduates to adopt and maintain a critical research oriented-attitude throughout their professional lives.